Please scroll down for information about our teacher vacancy.
Cornerstone Christian Preschool (CCP) is located on the same site as Cornerstone Christian School (CCS). The Preschool is a licensed early childhood centre and a separate legal entity from CCS, with separate enrolment procedures. Enrolment at CCP does not guarantee future enrolment at CCS. CCP is however one of the ECEs named in CCS’s enrolment scheme, which allows CCP students who live outside zone 1 2nd priority (of 7) for CCS enrolment within their geographical grouping. Full details of the school’s enrolment scheme are available in the CCS enrolment scheme.
Cornerstone Christian Preschool is a family based, licensed Preschool providing quality Christian early education, assisting parents to raise their children in the ways of God.
The Preschool is operated by a Management Committee consisting of parents, staff and Cornerstone Christian Education Trust representatives.
Please download the documents below to learn more about the Preschool or print enrolment documents.
- Days and hours of operation
- Our special character
- Our programme
- Parent involvement
- Transition to school
- Child protection policy
- Enrolment form
- Preschool pastor’s reference form (optional)
- Information for new families
- Our most recent ERO report
- Code of Culture
This is an exciting opportunity for an early childhood trained, NZ registered/certificated ECE teacher with a heart for Christian education and a passion for working with 3-5 year olds to join our teaching team. The position is currently for up to 24.25 hours per week (fewer hours negotiable), term-time only plus teacher-only days. By negotiation, the hours may increase if roll growth is maintained.
Our ideal applicant will:
- Be able to implement the Preschool’s Christian Philosophy in practical terms.
- Have a passion for teaching and learning.
- Embrace and promote the bicultural identity of Aotearoa and exhibit cultural sensitivity.
- Be able to contribute to and work collaboratively within a small team.
- Display a growth mindset.
- Have a current first aid certificate.
- Enjoy building relationships with tamariki and their whānau.
- A vibrant, supportive team who welcomes and appreciates your unique talents, skills and ideas.
- Extended pay parity.
- Lots of professional development opportunities.
- Family friendly working hours.
To apply, please download the application documents and email or post your application to: Teacher Appointment Committee, Cornerstone Christian Education Trust, 119 Mihaere Drive, Kelvin Grove, Palmerston North 4414. Applications close at 9am on Friday 24th March 2023.
Cornerstone Christian Preschool
63 Roberts Line
Palmerston North 4414
Phone 06 356 5452