There are two types of costs payable by parents of students at Cornerstone:
- Attendance Dues, paid to the Proprietor, which are a compulsory fee allowed for in legislation.
These range from $665 to $1,200 per child per year, and are usually paid in installments.
- Other Costs, paid to the school, for optional activities (e.g. camps, trips and extra-curricular sports) and items that students get to keep (e.g. uniforms, calculators, technology projects).
Attendance dues are a charge from the Proprietor, the Cornerstone Christian Education Trust, to cover costs related to buildings, grounds, insurance, capital works, etc. These costs are funded by the Proprietor, not by the government, and in exchange the Proprietor is permitted to operate a special character school. The Proprietor is committed to providing high quality facilities and attendance dues are a key source of revenue allowing it to do so.
Attendance dues are based on the level of revenue the Proprietor requires in order to meet its financial commitments, e.g. loan repayment, building, maintenance and insurance of school buildings. The levels of attendance dues are reviewed every 2-3 years.
Attendance dues levels
The level of attendance dues for Years 0-8 is $950 per year. The level of attendance dues for Years 9-13 is $1,200 per year. The two levels reflect that the costs associated with providing secondary education are significantly higher than those associated with providing primary education.
Attendance dues charged annually per child
- Weekly: $18.27 (Year 0 – 8), or $23.08 (Year 9 – 13)
- Quarterly: $237.50 (Year 0 – 8), or $300 (Year 9 – 13)
- Annually: $950 (Year 0 – 8), or $1200 (Year 9 – 13)
Any family that has three or more children attending the school at the same time will be eligible for a 30% subsidy off the full level of attendance dues for the third and subsequent children. Attendance dues are processed in order of the children’s ages, from oldest to youngest, so the oldest two children enrolled at the school will be charged at the full rate. The subsidised levels for the third and subsequent children are $665 per year for Years 0-8 and $840 per year for Years 9-13.
Attendance dues charged annually per child for the 3rd and subsequent children in a family who are enrolled at Cornerstone Christian School concurrently.
- Weekly: $12.79 (Year 0 – 8), or $16.16 (Year 9 – 13)
- Quarterly: $166.25 (Year 0 – 8), or $210 (Year 9 – 13)
- Annually: $665 (Year 0 – 8), or $840 (Year 9 – 13)
Attendance Due Payment: Enrolment and attendance are conditional upon ongoing payment of attendance dues. The preferred method of payment is by regular automatic payments and this can be arranged by internet banking or through the school office. The Proprietor’s bank account details are:
Name of account: CCET(CCS)
Bank, branch: ANZ, Palmerston North
Account number: 06 0746 0179676 04
Please add the account code (written on the invoice) and the parent’s last name and initials in the particulars field so that the Proprietor knows whose attendance dues to apply the payment to.
If parents wish to pay in one lump sum, the Proprietor requests payment by 31 May.
Parents wanting to discuss their attendance dues account should contact Mr Brian Gray, ph. (06) 280 4808
Attendance dues hardship fund
The Proprietor desires that no family should miss out on a Christian education due to financial hardship. A limited fund has been set up to assist families with meeting the cost of attendance dues in cases where paying in full would result in genuine financial hardship for the family.
- Download attendance dues hardship fund information
- Download attendance dues hardship fund application form.
Hardship fund contributions
Friends of the school are invited to contribute to the hardship fund. Contributions, large or small, will enable the Proprietor to offer hardship rebates to families facing genuine financial hardship. To contribute to the needs of families requiring temporary assistance with meeting the cost of attendance dues, please contact Simon McCracken, ph. 021 043 3025 or (06) 356 2525.
Parents are charged by Cornerstone Christian School for:
- School uniforms, as purchased from our school office.
- Equipment purchased through the school, e.g. calculators and Secondary workbooks (especially at NCEA levels).
- Technology items that students in Years 7-10 take home. Parents will be notified of any costs in advance.
- Extra-curricular camps and trips. Parents will generally be notified of opportunities and the costs associated with these well in advance. They are non-compulsory (since they are non-core curriculum) and parents need to pay the costs associated with the camp or trip prior to the event if they choose for their child to participate (alternative learning opportunities will be provided to all students who are unable to attend).
- Extra-curricular sports. Parents will be notified of the costs of their child participating in any particular sports team prior to registration day. Students whose parents agree for them to participate will be placed in a team once payment has been made at the school office.
Payment is required prior to goods being taken, placement in a sports teams being finalised etc. Payment options include internet banking (see below), eftpos (at the school office), or cash (see below).
Students and parents who are paying by cash for school trips etc. should enclose the correct change in a sealed envelope, write the child’s name, class and what the payment is for on the envelope, and place the envelope in the blue box located by the student reception counter.
If you use internet banking please use the account number below and make sure you provide all the necessary details within the statement details section so we know who the payment has come from and what it is for, i.e.
Payee: Cornerstone Christian School
Bank account: 02 0727 0154852 00
Particulars: Surname an initial of student
Code: Class number
Reference: Class trip or sports
Other Costs Hardship fund
A limited fund has been set up to assist families with costs in instances where they are having difficulty paying for essential school-related items (e.g. uniforms or stationery). This fund is administered by the Principal. To learn more, please contact the Principal’s PA, Sarndra Rauzi, (06) 356 7326 ext. 6102.
Note that this fund is not for attendance dues which are a Proprietor cost and as such are separate from the school.