With around 95% of families looking to return to Cornerstone under Covid19 Alert Level 2, we will be working hard to ensure Ministry of Education safety directives are met.
We will maintain strict cleaning and distancing policies at school. There are new room cleaning policies, plenty of hand sanitiser, and directives for room layouts. Unwell students will be sent home. A key idea here is to avoid entering someone else’s ‘moist breath zone’.
Ashhurst and Feilding Buses will run as usual. Students must not sit behind or beside the driver.
Sports, Cultural, Social, Arts, Events. In general these will only proceed with staff or students from within our school.
If there is a confirmed case of Covid 19 at our school, we will shut immediately for at least 48 hours while thorough surface cleaning and testing is undertaken. We recommend families make contingency plans for child supervision if we have to close with little warning.
The school has been divided into age group zones, and ask students to stay in their own zone, to minimise contact, and have a better idea of the people they come in contact with. Year 7 and 8 students will start at 9am and finish at 3pm to stagger the use of entrances/exits.
Parents are welcome to wait in their vehicle for pick up and drop off. For parents that come onsite, please do not linger. You will also need check in via School App as below. On Monday 18th, we will have paper forms for those not on ‘school app’. School App is free on the Google Play Store, or the Apple App Store.
How To Use School App to Check in and Check out:
- You must have the school app installed on your phone. If you don’t, please go to your phone’s Google Play Store, or Apple App Store and search ‘SchoolAppsNZ’.
Then Search ‘Cornerstone Christian School’ to find our School’s App.
- If you already have the App installed, you must have the latest version (2.4.0). If you have an earlier version follow instruction 1. above and this will cause your phone to automatically update your version of the School App.
- Once you have the app installed/updated, click the three horizontal bars in the top left-hand corner of the school app screen (the Menu)
- Click ‘COVID-19 Check-in’.
- Next register your details (this is needed for the first time only).
- Press CHECK-IN at the bottom.
- When you leave school, click CHECK-OUT and you are done.